Tuesday, August 27, 2013

More Information on Closure

Many people have been buzzing about the reason why Pixie Hollow is closing. I'm not quite sure why, but I can make a few guesses.

1. Disney wants people to pay more attention to Club Penguin rather than the other more interesting games.

2. Disney encountered a huge loss of money and does not have enough money to keep Pixie Hollow, Toontown, and Pirates of the Caribbean running like it should.

3. The Flash software Pixie Hollow runs on is experiencing some odd virus that eats up the code they make the game with and it's too expensive to try to fix or unpreventable.

I mean, either one is possible..

If it's number 1, then there probably is no way we'll get Pixie Hollow back, not to be negative :(

If it's number 2, there probably is some way of getting it back if we can convince them how much we will miss our virtual RPGs.

If it's number 3, it will take awhile but we could potentially get the Hollow back.

I just hope it's not a mix of all three.

Crystal Airshine said on her blog, Pixie Hollow's Little Secrets, that there is more than ONE reason which is pretty disappointing. Oh well. We just have to overcome one problem at a time. One hurdle at a time. All those small steps will make a difference.

Crystal says: "This is quite a complicated matter.And talking about causes and reasons, I heard this rumor lately on the Hollow's closing down with seemed quite realistic to me." She continues by saying, "Some parents think this is dangerous." Of course, we all know they are wrong! "They sued Pixie Hollow! Yep, that's right! They took Disney to the courts and that must have been quite a problem for Disney, as they were on the verge of losing a huge sum of money."

I know that's certainly possible but I'm not sure if it's just me or is it a little hard to believe? I mean, Disney makes millions every year. Maybe even billions. It must be a HUGE sue to make such a big dent. Not that I don't believe Crystal - I do but it really must have been a very big issue for them to have to close down all three virtual worlds. But really? Those parents should maybe just watch as their child plays and interacts with the other players - then they will know how safe the Hollow is!

Apparently, there's more than one rumor going around about this. According to Crystal's friend's father, "one of Disney's virtual worlds had been hacked by a very intense virus that could cause serious damage. This could actually be about those three games. If Disney couldn't destroy the bug and it affected user's PCs, that could prove to be disastrous for it!"

Of course, that reason was actually my number 3! It certainly is a possibility and that may be the reason the game is so filled with bugs lately. I'm sure we have all experienced a few - the Missing Wardrobe, the Clothes that Don't Change-After-You-Have-Changed, the Furniture that Goes Back Into Storage... Need I go on?

I think Disney is just letting the bug take over at this point. :(

Fly With You,

Minerva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me your thoughts! ♥
~ Minerva