Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's The End



Yes, you saw it right. Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow is now CLOSED.

I tried to visit my pixie pals in the Hollow one last time but I must have read it wrong or something, because I was unable to log in. Apparently, it was closing at noon. Oops. Now it isn't letting me back in.

I can't even access Minerva's Pixie Page. It keeps telling me they're tinkering away. I've been expecting this since they announced it but I never expected it to come as such a shock. Unbelievable.

I was actually hoping to schedule a meet-and-greet so I could finally meet all the Bloggers I never got to meet in person. No such luck. I came home and Pixie Hollow was gone. Gone. I didn't understand, since it was fine when I came back for lunch. I had misread it as 11:59 P.M. Oh.

Our only hope now, is the petition. This one already has 5, 349 signatures. We reached our goal; why isn't the Hollow saved? That was a doubt that had lingered since the very beginning. But I held on to that hope, hope that the petition would change their minds. I guess I was wrong to think that.

Pixie Hollow has gone so far and had the potential to go so much farther. Did it come to a waste of all those years spent working on it? I know Disney wouldn't be tossing so much work into the trash for no reason. There has to be a reason - I know it.

I don't want to believe that Pixie Hollow is ending. I don't. But I have to come to my senses eventually. It feels like a piece of me literally died with PH. It was more than a game - It was a form of escape.

It's hard to believe the end of such a game would ever happen. I wanted to play until I was much older. To keep my blog alive, I'll probably transfer my interests to another game, or post my pixie memories from time to time. But no game could ever replace Pixie Hollow's magic.

I just hope it's opening again.

I really do.

Farewell pixie pals,

Minerva

6 comments:

  1. Actually it closed earlier cause of the huuuuuge number of players online , that crushed the system :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... :(
      I had just come back and was hoping to see my pixie pals one last time... But no such luck. :(

      Delete
    2. Yeah you and the rest of 10.000 player worldwide .... everybody wanted to say "bye" wich caused the system to crush O.O!I know it's a pitty ... i couldn't login either :(

      Delete
  2. I made an account on Club Penguin and its awfully boring! I don't play on it anyway. I miss Pixie Hollow so much! When will it open again? I can't live without it!
    P.S. Checkout my latest posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know. I also play Club Penguin but you can't keep me on for more than a hour until it gets dull. I wish PH was back too but I don't know if it will ever open again... :(
    There was a rumor that said that Pixie Hollow would re-open in January though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I emailed CP at support@clubpenguin.com but I didn't get a proper reply. They just told me to look up at the FAQs.
    Seriously Minerva, you MUST call up Disney now and ask if the rumor is true. You are pretty smart so I beg you call that Disney up! Please girl, for Hollow's sake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to tell me your thoughts! ♥
~ Minerva