Friday, February 14, 2014

Frozen

I just recently watched the movie Frozen and I have to say, it's absolutely amazing. Some people said that there was too much singing, but I don't know, personally, I loved all the music. Let it Go and For the First Time in Forever were some of my all-time favorites from Disney.

For those who haven't watched it yet, I'll try not to spoil too much.

Frozen takes place in Arendelle, a beautiful kingdom in endless summer. On the day of the new queen's coronation, the queen, Elsa, accidentally sets an eternal winter. Scared that she had revealed her secret powers, she flees to a snowy mountain, where she is free to unleash her powers. Her sister Anna, princess of Arendelle, goes after her in pursuit of bringing back summer.

This is the first movie with not one, but two Disney princesses. Elsa, the Snow Queen, and Anna, the uh.. Normal princess.

One thing I really like about Frozen is how incredible the art is! I mean it, Arendelle looks fantastic. I would definitely vacation there sometime. Next up in the installment of Minerva's life story, a visit to Arendelle in the summer! It should happen! Hmm.. I'm totally serious - nah, that would be so jokes.

But seriously, gotta love the view! There was even a Rapunzel and Flynn sighting in Arendelle to attend Elsa's coronation. Have you noticed them yet? *slight spoilers for those who haven't seen the movie yet*

See? I've seen a lot of debates about this and it turns out that the late queen of Arendelle and the queen of Corona were sisters, which makes Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa cousins. That explains why Rapunzel and Flynn were at Elsa's coronation.. I remember reading a very good explanation once: when the late king and queen of Arendelle were traveling by boat, they were going to Rapunzel and Flynn's wedding, since Tangled Ever After occurred 3 years prior to Frozen. And as you may recall, the king and queen died three years before Elsa's coronation. See? Magic. I think Disney may be saying something here.

I've heard people say that Anna and Rapunzel look similar.. But I don't see it as much. Maybe it's the face?
Personally, I don't really see the resemblance, but whatever...

They're cousins.

Disney is just awesome like that.

And Olaf, oh my gosh, I cannot even begin about Olaf. Normally the sidekicks take away from the scene for comic relief which isn't even funny.. But Olaf is just hilarious. He's just so naïve and cute. Best line? Has to be either, 'Oh look, I've been impelled,' or 'Some people are worth melting for.' One is so funny and the other is just so heartwarming. <3 <3


And his song, 'In Summer' is awesome. Seriously, he's a snowman who sings about summer. No heat experience indeed.

And this picture is so awesome. Olaf's swag :P

Even though Frozen is awesome, I'm blaming it for all the cold winter weather I've been having lately.

Frozen let the storm rage on...

And it did.

At least for me, anyway :P

Anyways, that's it for now, I'll leave you with my favorite song from Frozen, Let It Go, performed by Idina Menzel.


Fly With You,

Minerva

2 comments:

  1. I didn't notice Rapunzel and Eugene (Or Flynn). I must say, you have sharp eyes, Minerva. I love Frozen too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rapunzel and Eugene appear during Anna's song ;)
      The chocolate she eats during the song is from Wreck-It Ralph and there's a hidden Mickey on the shelf at Oaken's

      ~ Minerva ~

      Delete

Feel free to tell me your thoughts! ♥
~ Minerva